Here, have another Flosstube Tag. 🙂
1. How did you start or who introduced you to cross stitch?
My mom cross stitched, so I was introduced to it by the pieces she had hanging up at home. My first kit was given to my for Christmas by one of my uncles, and it all went to x-es from there.
2. Do you have a favorite theme or designer?
Not really. I’m an equal-opportunity stitcher. I don’t care for samplers, or stitching people or buildings. I prefer landscapes and animals or stillife type pictures.
3. What floss brand do you use?
4. What is your fabric of choice?
25 or 28 count evenweave. I prefer Lugana or Jazlyn over Jobelan.
5. Do you use a needle threader or are you a “floss licker”?
6. What kind of stitching frame do you use?
My primary frame is the Lap Stitch Doodler Plus from Images Stitchery Design on Etsy. I also have used hoops (didn’t like how they warped the fabric) and currently have two q-snaps that i use for my more portable projects.
7. How many projects have you finished?
7ish. It may be more than that, but I can remember 7 of them.
8. How many completed works do you have currently displayed in your home?
None. I haven’t actually FFO’d any of them yet. That needs to be rectified.
9. Do you do more stitching for gifts or keep them for yourself?
Most of them I stitch for myself, but I have given a few away.
10. What is your favorite project or finish you are most proud of?
Footprints, a Bucilla kit. My first time stitching on evenweave.
11. What has been your least favorite or worst experience while stitching?
The weird linen-wannabe that i used for Geisha. Nasty stuff.
12. What do you love and what do you hate about cross stitch?
I love the ‘zen’ of it. I hate that it takes so long to stitch a larger piece. I currently have a massive piece in progress that I started two years ago, and will likely be in progress for about 4 more.
13. Have you introduced anyone else to cross stitch?
Yes! Ishly. I am responsible for pulling some of my older friends and coworkers back into it. They’d been stitchers in the past and for whatever reason stopped.
14. What was your first project and did you finish it, if not what was your first finish?
My first project was a cat in a windowsill, that kit that was given to me for Christmas. I never finished it due to a massive counting error and running out of floss. I gave up on it. My first finish was a Hummingbird with morning glories that I no longer have, and have no idea where it went.